Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Flabberfrenchgasted.

What a crazy 4 days in Paris with absolutely no idea how to read, speak or even hear french travelling around with just a map while looking like an idiot asking for a Mcdonalds meal. Travelling to France makes me understand the true meaning of culture shock. But I learned a few french sentences such as l'oreal, carrefour, peugeot, citroën, renault and louis vuitton. No I'm just kidding I actually learned merci, laddition, frites, pardoneh, salut, bonjour etc. On the other hand, the Eurostar was very dissapointing, not what I had in mind since its so famous and everyone said I have to experience it. Its just like KTM Malaysia.

Paris is a very small place, where if you dont enjoy art you can just finish touring around Paris in just 3 days. I wasnt interested in Paris beforehand so I just decided to enjoy the few famous tourist spots which is nearby a Metro (similiar to London's Underground). Lets see.. I ate Jewish dishes which you can't find in Malaysia, the best ice-cream in the world (claimed by the French), France Mcdonalds meal and everything else thats more than RM50 a meal. God help me.

My first stop was The Lourve, the famous Da Vinci Code movie made this place well-known to tourists. It takes you around 2 weeks to actually see every single piece of art in the museum, its huge its Musee Du Lourve.


-Outside The Lourve, just a few minutes walk away there's a very white park where everyone enjoys themselves by tanning nearby the fountain on the chairs.


- Its true what they say about the Mona Lisa. No matter where you stand the painting will stare right back at you. This is something you'll have to experience in The Lourve for just 9Euro or for free after 6pm if you're 26 years old and below.

Next would be the obvious, The Eiffel Tower. This large piece of metal stands so tall where you have to tilt your head 90degrees just to get a full view of it from below. Its majestic by sunrise and beautiful by sunset, one the 7 wonders of the world.



- Remember to wait for an hour during the night, it sparkles and shines so bright that it lits the dark night sky. At the garden just stretching towards the Eiffel Tower there will be loads of married, engaged, puppy love couples cuddling under their blankets having wine and cheese romancing the night away.

The Arc de Triomphe another symbol of Paris is located in the middle of a roundabout with very bad traffic and you'll have to find a underground passage to just get to it.


The most beautiful building in Paris in my opinion would be Notre Dame de Paris Cathedral. It amazed me that the Notre Dame was more beautiful than the Eiffel tower. Its unexplainable, you have to experience it yourself by being there.




The pictures were taken by me by the way, did not google it, hehe. Gonna get my own SLR soon to take nicer photos. I'll continue the rest another day, too much photos to upload. Till then, au revoir!

No comments: